Saturday, April 4

RSS = Really aweSome Stuff

So here's something really important that you must know about. I feel like a lot of my time has been wasted because I didn't know about the wonders of RSS. Sol and I buy A LOT of stuff on craigslist. Like, every single piece of furniture we own. And craigslist can be very frustrating and time-consuming. I spent a lot of time running the same searches over and over looking for some very specific item I wanted. And I never realized that there was a magic button at the bottom of the screen that would do all that for me.


When you click on that magic button, you can save a customized search (including price and whatever other things you want to specify) to a variety of places. I found that it works best when I am running Firefox as my browser. Chrome and Explorer give me weird things. But when you click on it, you should be able to follow the directions to save it wherever you want... I think it can go into a yahoo or google homepage, your links or some other places too.


Because I love all things google, I ran it to my Google Reader, another invention that will save/waste a lot of your time. This is
where Google Reader lives. I only know like, 2 people who don't have Gmail, so if you are one of those people this really isn't all that cool. Anyways, in my Reader I have a bunch of searches being run on craigslist. This way I never have to go and check if someone has listed the TV stand I really want. As soon as its listed, I'll see it in my reader. How cool is that? It's greatly facilitated the purchasing of many baby items. Because I didn't need any stuff right away, I was able to patiently wait for exactly what I wanted. And some items sell so fast that this really helped me to find them quickly. AMAZING. Reader also will let you subscribe to blogs (like this one) or other internet places that you check frequently. It puts it all in one spot. It's the coolest thing ever. I only wish I knew about it before.

So if you ever see this button somewhere (and I'm sure you've seen it and not realized the treasures it has in store for you) that means that you can click on it and put all that info in your Reader. Just do it.




Here is where you can subscribe to this blog and start your stash of cool things to read instead of doing other stuff. You can't actually click that, you have to go to the right side of the blog and click it. You won't be sorry,














1 comment:

  1. Wow. You are a good blogger. Got to get me some more Rachel time! Less than THREE MONTHS.

    ReplyDelete

A comment? For me? You shouldn't have. But please do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...